Hey bookworms! We’ve decided that we’re going to participate in the Top Ten Tuesdays meme! We’ve seen this meme all over the place, but you can find more information about this meme, as well as past top ten lists, over on the creator’s blog, here! This week’s top ten is Top Ten Best Books You’ve Read in 2017 so far! Let’s get started!
- The Hate U Give By: Angie Thomas. This book is definitely my favorite of the year so far! it’s definitely made my list for all time favorite YA contemporaries and favorite books over all. Check out our spoilery and spoiler free reviews for this book!
- I’ll Give You the Sun By: Jandi Nelson. I went into this book not knowing much so i wasn’t prepared for how beautiful this story is! On top of having a powerful plot and realistic characters, Jandi Nelson has a beautiful writing style. Another favorite YA contemporary and book overall!
- The Book Thief By: Makus Zusack. This book is so very powerful! I ugly cried and the story stayed on my mind for weeks after i finished it.
- The Sun is Also a Star By: Nicola Yoon. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I identified with Natasha, one of the MCs in the book, more than I have with any other character. On top of having a great love story, this book touched on some important topics in a powerful way. Check out our spoilery and spoiler free reviews for this book!
- Fangirl By: Rainbow Rowell. I love this book and how relatable the plot and characters are! Stay tuned for our reviews on this book!
- Isla and the Happily Ever After By: Stephanie Perkins. This one is my favorite in the series because of how much I identified with Isla, and my love for Josh, who is Isla’s love interest!
- Lola and the Boy Next Door By: Stephanie Perkins. I love how unique and true to herself Lola is! This is my second favorite in the series.
- Anna and the French Kiss By: Stephanie Perkins. This one places last in my favorites of the series but I still loved it so much! This book got me back into reading after a ridiculously long slump so it will always hold a special place in my heart.
- Cinder By: Marissa Meyer. I really enjoyed this story overall but my favorite aspect of it was the world building! It is so creative and I’ve never read anything like it! I can’t wait to continue on with this series!
- The Lightning Thief By: Rick Riordan. Finally! I’ve been putting off reading this series since middle school and I’m so glad I finally started it! Rick Riordan has me hooked and I’m excited to finish the series and read all of his others!
- The Hate U Give By: Angie Thomas. This is now one of my favorite books of all time!! I love EVERYTHING about this book!
- I’ll Give You the ☀️
- Fangirl By: Rainbow Rowell. Oooooh Cath!!!! I love her so much! I’m still recovering from the book hangover this book gave me
- The Unexpected Everything By: Morgan Matson. I love this book so much!! I love the characters, the family dynamic, and the friendships in this book! I found Andie’s friend group, and the struggles they had very relatable to high school friendships I experienced.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door By: Stephanie Perkins. LOLA!! I loooove Lola sooo much and related to her experiences in a lot of ways! I love all of the books in this companion series so much, but Lola was the one I related to the most!
- Thirteen Reasons Why By: Jay Asher. I found this book so heartbreaking, but really appreciated the message!! I feel like it is an important story, and the Netflix adaptation brought even more to it! I hope to do a review soon!
- Easy By: Tammara Webber. Dawlyn recommended I read this book, and I am so glad she did!! This book is sooooo good, and discusses topics that aren’t addressed enough in contemporaries!
- The Sun is Also a Star By: Nicola Yoon. I loooove Natasha and Daniel! I love Nicola Yoon’s writing! I love this book!
- Isla and the Happily Ever After By: Stephanie Perkins. I love Josh soooo much!!
- Anna and the French Kiss By: Stephanie Perkins. This was the first book I read this year, and I absolutely adored it!!
Thanks for taking the time out to read our post! Let us know if you have read any of these books, and what your top ten favorites of 2017 are so far!!!