Thank you so much to Kaitie @Never Not Reading, A Bookish Human and Rachel @Talk Darcy To Me for nominating us for the Liebster! This award recognizes and gives some blog love to bloggers who have at least 100 followers, but less than 200 followers. Let’s get Started!
Step 1: Mention one of your favorite blogs to visit
We really enjoy visiting Flavia @Flavia the Bibliophile! Her blog layout is so creative and unique! She blogs about books of course, but also movies, TV shows, makeup, and travel! She also cohosts a monthly themed event called Calendar Girls Books, that we’ve recently began participating in and are enjoying so far! Be sure to head over to her blog and check it out!
Step Two: Answer the questions of the person who nominated you
- Dawlyn: I have 3 that tie: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, The Book Thief, and To Kill a Mockingbird by S.E. Hinton.
- Krista: The Book Thief By: Markus Zusack
-Least favorite book?
- Dawlyn: A book that I read that i really didn’t like is A Separate Peace by John Knowles.
- Krista: The Time Traveler’s Wife By: Audrey Niffenegger.
-Why did you start your book blog?
- Dawlyn and Krista: Of course the obvious reason is because we love to read and talk about books! We wanted to become more involved in the book community. Dawlyn wasn’t about that booktube life so we chose to blog instead!
-What are your book blogging goals?
- Dawlyn and Krista:
- At some point, we’d love to start receiving ARCS to review.
- Followers of course aren’t everything, but we would like to see our audience grow over time.
- We would like to come up with more original content.
- We would like to increase our involvement in the book community.
-Which social media site do you like the best? (Personally or for books… you pick)
- Dawlyn:Twitter! It’s safer than tumblir (I’d waste hours on there if i had one), but i can still retweet funny memes and stuff.
- Krista: Instagram! I like taking/designing pictures!
-Any pets? If so, can we see a picture?
- Dawlyn: No pets!
- Krista: Yes!! Meet my pup Marty McFly!!
-Coffee or tea?
- Dawlyn: I don’t drink either really but if i had to pick, coffee.
- Krista: Both! More so tea, but I definitely drink both.
- Dawlyn: Hufflepuff!!
- Krista: Hufflepuff!
-Who was (is) your favorite teacher?
- Dawlyn: My favorite teacher is my chorus teacher from high school! He’s so weird and funny, and he encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone with singing. I felt my safest and most comfortable in that classroom during high school years.
- Krista: I have so many college professors that I love dearly. I personally feel like it has been way easier to connect and have a relationship with my college professors than it ever was in primary school. Although, my fifth grade teacher and my eighth grade english teacher were amazing! They both impacted my life by encouraging me to write!
-All time favorite Halloween costume? OR Plans for this year’s Halloween costume?
- Dawlyn: I actually haven’t celebrated Halloween since I was five, but I remember two costumes I did wear and my favorite was Princess Leia from Star Wars. I even had the buns!
- Krista: Two years ago I was a unicorn, and I really loved that costume!! Lots of pretty colors, lots of glitter!
-Are there aliens out there? Why or why not?
- Dawlyn: Who knows honestly! I really wouldn’t be surprised either way, but I don’t know that they’d be like how they are in the movies, if they do exist.
- Krista: Definitely! “I believe in everything” – Cinderella
-Why did you decide to become a book blogger?
- Dawlyn & Krista: See number three under Katie’s questions.
-If you were an author what types of books would you write?
- Dawlyn: Definitely contemporary and probably a long series.
- Krista: I would like to write both contemporary and fantasy, maybe magical realism?
-What is your least favorite cliche’ in novels?
- Dawlyn: The bad boy who is changed for the better by being with the girl.
- Krista: The love triangle! I get so stressed out reading these.
-If you were only able to read one book over and over again for the rest of your life- what would it be?
- Dawlyn: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone By: JK Rowling
- Krista: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix By: JK Rowling
-What book do you wish you could go back and unread just so you could read it for the first time again?
- Dawlyn: The Book Thief By: Markus Zusack
- Krista: I’ll Give You the Sun By: Jandi Nelson.
-What is your favorite snack food?
- Dawlyn: Food. Food is my favorite snack food.
- Krista: Agreed! Anything and Everything!
-Ebooks or physical books? And if it’s physical books- hardback or paperback?
- Dawlyn: Physical, paperback
- Krista: Same!
-What place is on the top of your bucket list to visit?
- Dawlyn: Harry Potter World.
- Krista: Italy!
-Do you own any sentimental books?
- Dawlyn: I have a copy of children’s chapter book called Bud, Not Buddy. I love this book so much. My third grade teacher read this to our class. Then as a class gift we all got to choose a book to take home and I chose that one. It was my first introduction to historical fiction and I’ve been been in love with the genre ever since.
- Krista: All my Junie B Jones books that I’ve had since I was little, and all of my autographed books!
-What is your favorite book cover of all time?
- Dawlyn: I don’t think I have an all time favorite but currently my favorite is Flame in The Mist by Renee Ahdieh.
- Krista: This edition of The Book Thief is my all time favorite.
-If you had one wish that would come true no matter what, what would you wish for?
Dawlyn: I’m gonna pass on this one. It’s too intense lol
Krista: This is a lot of pressure!
A Bookish Human’s Questions
-Your favourite fictional character of all time, just one ! (I know you’ll write more than one, but I like to be satan at times) ?
- Dawlyn: Probably Cath from Fangirl because she reminds me so much of myself and she’s just awesome!
- Krista: I have to agree with Cath from Fangirl! She is amazing!!
-A talent you wish you had ?!
- Dawlyn: I wish I could dance. I have no kind of rhythm.
- Krista: I wish I could sing! I love signing so much, it just sounds so bad!
-Genres you don’t like ?
- Dawlyn: I haven’t come across a genre that I don’t like. I like non-fiction but I don’t read a lot of it.
- Krista: I also haven’t come across an entire genre that I do not like.
-Your favourite cuisine ?
- Dawlyn: Haitian food because I’m Haitian lol, but hispanic food pulls a close second.
- Krista: Italian food for sure!
-What type of posts do you enjoy writing the most ?
- Dawlyn: Probably reviews because of course I love talking about books!
- Krista: Definitely reviews!
-Your biggest blogging struggle ?
- Dawlyn: Not too long ago it was keeping organized, but I’ve recently remedied that.
- Krista: Probably time management, and just making sure I get posts finished on time.
-If you had a pen name, what would it be ?
- Dawlyn: I have no idea
- Krista: Ummmm I have no idea. Some of my friends call me K-Mac so maybe that.
-Your favourite TV shows ?
- Dawlyn: My favorite of all time will always be One Tree Hill. After that: Grey’s Anatomy, Parks and Recreation, Boy Meets World, and Parenthood. A new show, This is Us, will probably tie for first place depending\\ on how the second season goes!
- Krista: The Office, Boy Meets World, One Tree Hill, and Daredevil!
-The most creative thing you’ve ever done ?
- Dawlyn: Probbly original lesson plans that I’ve created.
- Krista: I love to do a lot of creative things like painting, writing, and making random things.I’m not sue what’s the most creative out of all of the things I’ve mead/done.
-Your hobbies apart from reading and/or writing ?
- Dawlyn: Binging netflix, watching old movies, watching documentaries
- Krista: Painting, hiking, camping, and canoeing.
-A description of your ideal day.
- Dawlyn: Reading all day in my room.
- Krista: Reading on the beach, and eating lots of good food!
Step Three: Ask 11 of your own questions!
Dawlyn & Krista’s Questions
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- Is there a genre you don’t typically read, but want to read more of?
- What’s the book you’ve owned for the longest?
- What book are you most excited to add to your collection?
- If your favorite author asked for a book recommendation, what would you recommend?
- How do you organize your bookshelves?
- If you could live in a TV show, which would it be?
- Name a book that you would love to see turned into a movie or TV adaptation?
- Name an adaptation that you liked better than the book.
- What’s something that you could eat every day and never get tired of?
- What is a bookish goal that you have for 2017?
Step Four: Nominate 11 other bloggers!
Thanks for taking the time out to read our post! We appreciate our growing audience and we look forward to connecting with more bookworms in the future!