Hey, bookworms!!! We’re so excited to be doing this post, as it has officially been ONE YEAR since we started our blog!! In honor of this awesome milestone, we just wanted to take some the time to talk about why we started our blog, how far we’ve come since then and what we hope for the future of our blog! We also want to relive some of our favorite blog posts and events with you! Lastly, as a thank you for all of the support we’ve gotten from this community, we will be hosting a giveaway, so stay tuned for more information on that! Let’s get into it!
At the end of 2016, we were both years into college and in the early years of adulthood. Life had become hectic, as it tends to do, and neither of us had made much time for reading as we had in grade school. We began to rediscover our shared love for reading, and it was fueled further by the discovery of booktube. After being reminded of how similar our reading tastes are, we went into 2017 with the mutual goal of reading more. We found the Popsugar Reading Challenge, and together we used it to make a list of books, leaving us with the goal of 52 books to be read by the end of 2017. In the first few months, we were both reading a lot more and we had fallen in love with the bookish community on youtube. We wanted to become more involved in that community so we played around with the idea of making our own channel. We soon came to realize this wasn’t the right medium for us. When we found that there is an equally as active book blogging community, we knew that this was where we wanted to be, and so, Little Blind Book Finds was born.
Throughout this first year of blogging, we’ve explored a lot of different content! We’ve received awards, posted reviews, and participated in different events and tags. Here are just a few of our favorite posts and events that we’ve done this year!
- Spoiler Free Review of The Hate U Give by: Angie Thomas and Spoilery Review: These posts, (after our Welcome post), were the first two to go up on our blog. The Hate U Give was not only one of the first books we read in 2017, but one of our favorite reads of the year, and one of our favorite books of all time.
- Get to Know Us Book Tag: We did this tag for the obvious reason of wanting our growing audience to learn a bit more about us and our bookish tastes. This is also an important one because it is the first tag to ever go up on our blog!
- The College Freshman Book Tag: This was the second tag to go up on our blog, but it’s special because it’s our own original tag! We had a lot of fun making this one! For those of you who may be seeing this for the first time, we hope you read and enjoy it, and please feel free to do it yourself if you feel so inclined!
- Calendar Girls: Best Fairy Tale Retelling: This post was our first in this monthly event hosted by Flavia @FlaviatheBibliophile and Melanie @MNBernardBooks, The event included many other awesome bloggers like: Katie @NeverNotReading, Adrienne @DarqueDreamerReads, and Shanah @BionicBookWorm! This event is no longer going, but we will forever be grateful for it, as it gave us a small community of bloggers with which to share our thoughts and ideas! Even though Calendar Girls is over (for now?), we’re so happy to still be in touch with this wonderful group of women who have given us some amazing support this past year!
- Reading Guide: Black History Month Part 1 and Part 2: We decided to do these posts in honor of Black History Month and we had a lot of fun doing them! They include recognition for some of our favorite books written by black authors, as well as books written by both black and non-black authors, that feature black main characters. These guides include books that we’ve read and recommended, as well as books that we want to read.
Going forward into our second year of blogging, we have a lot to look forward to! Some of the things we’d like to accomplish with our blog are: making updates to our site, posting more reviews, interacting more with fellow bloggers, and creating more original content! Last year we were lucky enough to attend a book convention here in Georgia, and we were able to meet a lot of our favorite authors and get books signed by them! This year we are hoping to attend a more widely known book convention, like YALLWEST, and share that experience with you all!
This has been a fantastic year in the blogosphere and we could not be more grateful to all of you out there who have contributed to that by reading our posts, giving us feedback, and including us in your own blogs in one way or another! We have really enjoyed sharing this blog together and we hope to see it continue to grow. Our reading lives have been forever changed because of this awesome community. We’ve grown as readers and in turn, as individuals, and we’re so excited to see what the future holds!
As a great big THANK YOU for all of the love and support we’ve gotten, we will be hosting a giveaway on our Instagram page. Find us @littleblindbookfinds and stay tuned for more information! We will be posting more details there in the next few days!
Thank you so much for taking the time out to read our post! We’re so happy to have been sharing this world with you for a year! Please feel free to look back on some of our posts! Let us know in the comments what you’ve liked from us, and any feedback that you may have!